Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013 - I have been a missionary for 6 months???

Is that not the craziest thing you ever heard? Well maybe that is exaggerated, but it blows my mind how the time is flying by! It has been a struggle, no doubt, but hard things are the worthwhile things.

Sounds like time just keeps rolling on back at home as well! Sounds like everyone is enjoying an All-American Summer! Trips to Tahoe, Utah, Camps, just to name a few that you all are enjoying! 

So this week, what to say about this week? It had its individual challenges, like any other, but more importantly, I think Elder Fong and I found some ways to overcome them. Most of the time it wasn't because of us, it was because of the Lord worked with us. I am learning that if you put yourself in the right place at the right time doing what you should, miracles will happen. So why deny yourself seeing those blessings? Simple, but some of the most profound answers are the simple ones.

So anyone want to hear a miracle story from the week? Well, this week I have had a bit of trouble walking and doing the normal thing missionaries do because of some knee problems. In Hong Kong, we do a lot of walking because that's how you meet people, most people don't have cars, so they walk. One day, we had a whole day of finding a head of us, I didn't know how I was going to make it. I didn't see a way to do it. But we put ourselves in the right place at the right time doing the right things. A miracle happened. We met some of the nicest people I have ever talked with that day! We found and taught more people than I ever had on one day of my mission. I love to teach mainly because that is what helps people understand more about our message, but I also love it because we usually get to sit down. haha. the Lord provided us people to talk to and teach. It seams small, but believe me, it was a miracle. Hope that made sense... haha.

With all the work we are and have been putting into the area, we are just starting to see the fruits of our labors. We have helped reactivate almost 5 less active members, met a few new people who are slowly starting to accept and live the gospel and our ward is so excited to help us find, teach, and reactivate.

One thing that I have really noticed this week is that before I didn't fully realize that everything that we do, obtain, or see, comes from God. He is the author of it all. I used to think rather selfishly and air headedly, that I was doing so well based on my own merits. That is the wrong line of thinking. Everything comes from God. I think when we realize that, we can live more at ease knowing that our Loving Heavenly Father is in it. He isn't just in the good, but He is there in the bad as well. He isn't just in the "important" or "big" things, but there in the small and routine parts of our lives. Realize He is there and I promise you will live a better, happier life.

Well, I hope that all continues to go so well for each of you. I have said it before and I will say it again, I couldn't do this without the support from you all. I feel your prayers for me and they are answered.

Love you guys!

Elder Woodburn

No comments:

Post a Comment