Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8, 2013 - Success!!!

So big week here in 蝴 蝶! That's for sure. You know how I talked about all those less actives we were able to visit and teach? Well, almost all of them were able to make it to church! That meant that we had 15 less active members at church! It was an amazing experience for me personally, seeing such progress, now we just have to keep it up! It was a little funny at church though because instead of having Priesthood/Relief Society, we had a combined meeting and discussed the ward's mission plan and how to get people coming back to church and inviting friends to come and see what we believe. I was a little worried at first because of all the less actives that were there for that, but they got into and most contributed to the discussion on how to help others come back. They didn't realize we were talking about how to best help them! Funny to see that, but truly a miracle. I was able to bear my testimony for the packed ward. It was kind of nerve racking for me, but I thought that it went really well. We have a white guy in our ward who once was a missionary who talked after I did. He talked about his first time at a testimony meeting in ShaTin, my first area as well. He said how no one understood a word, but everyone just smiled and nodded... haha but then he assured me that wasn't the case for me. Another miracle, I speak Chinese!!!! haha.

I reflected a lot on what I am doing and the importance of what I am doing. Overwhelming really to think about it all. I talked with a lady on the hingtit (like a cable car that we use to get around) and she thought that I was born in HK, that's how I knew Cantonese. It blew her mind to think I have been here three months and that I can speak and understand. My ability to understand more Chinese has made for some awkward times as well.. I think some 70 year old ladies hit on me this week... haha hilarious for sure. That's all I got to say about that one.. haha With all the success that we have had this week, we have also had some tough times. Not a ton of success with teaching investigators. We saw one of our investigators and he ran from us... trying to expand our teaching pool, but still working at it.

Probably the best news of the week, something that I literally jumped for joy when I heard is that Harry, our investigator from 沙田, was baptized yesterday! I can't tell you how happy that made me. Funny to think that we are usually happiest when we help others be their happiest. Loving being a missionary!

Well, all is well. Every day is a struggle, each in its own way. That's how it's meant to be though!!! Love you all!

Fun Day today, going to the BIG BUDDHA!!! Can't wait to tell you all about it next week!

Love,
Elder Woodburn
胡 基 謙 長 老

No comments:

Post a Comment