Sunday, January 5, 2014

Dec. 29, 2013 - Merry Christmas/Happy New Year

Acupuncture

 Anson's Baptism
Hey sorry about last week, I sort of didn't get an email off to everyone... But people change! And here we are, writing an email to you all.

So everyone says that Christmas as a missionary is one of the best times to be a missionary and that is so true! To be honest, Christmas itself was really uneventful. We were out on the streets the whole day and weren't able to teach anyone. It was rough, but i felt super accomplished knowing that we tried our best, we represented the Savior, and that we have the chance to even share about Christ on a daily basis. If anything, It really just helped me to internalize Christmas and the reach of its message. Easily on of my favorite Christmas because of the message that we share and the hard work we put in. That Christmas I got a Playstation was pretty good too though. haha i remember my parents told me that Sony was the elf that helped Santa make it... haha.

Our ward also had a Christmas party that was so helpful for us to get to meet some less actives in our area. Almost every family has a relative that isn't active and they killed it in inviting them to the party. We were able to get to know them and set some appointments up for visits later in the week! It was an awesome party!

We also had a special family home evening that we were able to get some people to. Our member brought a Santa suit and said that i was the fattest so I had to wear it. haha. It was really awesome because the sisters had a family come with 3 little kids. two of them loved it, the other one just cried and cried and cried. I felt horrible! haha. Never thought i would make a little Asian girl cry like that before, but a mission is full of surprises.

On my birthday we went to TKO and bought a new apartment. I felt like a high roller dropping so much cash on my birthday. haha. we will be helping the sisters move in some time next week.

We are continuing to work with Mr Chow. He has been really busy with work, but that didn't stop his wife from helping us out. She invited her two sisters to hear the missionary discussions and they are really great. They had met with missionaries in the past, but just got too busy. They listened and recognized how important our message is. A huge miracle for sure. Anson was baptized yesterday and so the whole family came to all of church and then was there for the baptism. Anson is 9 and is full of energy. It was really fun. He asked if I would baptize him, so it was a really great missionary moment for us to get the whole family to church and see the importance of baptism. I think the cutest part of the day was after the baptism, all the little kids started saying that they wanted to be baptized too. haha. It was an awesome day because we are starting to help a family progress toward eternity.

Today has actually been pretty eventful already. The bishop saw that I was having some trouble walking so he told me to go see him this morning. He is a 中醫, or a Chinese doctor... haha so I went to his place and he did acupuncture and put this weird wrap of smelly green stuff on my leg... haha people looked like, "what is this guy doing here?" even more than usual. Most surprising is that I feel pretty good. I had zero confidence in Chinese medicine, but I think i might be a believer now. haha

that's a quick look at my week. It was seriously one of the best weeks of my life. Seeing the Chow family progress is just awesome.

I love you guys. Have a happy New Year!
Elder Woodburn

No comments:

Post a Comment