Monday, December 16, 2013

Dec. 9, 'Tis the Season

It was another awesome week. Doing a ton of office stuff, especially with the holidays, but we are learning how to balance the time. I feel like life is lot like that most of the time, a constant balancing act. so I am really happy to have the chance now to practice and get good at it now. Isn't a mission awesome?!?!

As far as office things go, I have been in charge of making our end of the year slide show. So it has been fun playing with that. I have learned that media is not my medium of creativity, but I did what I could with it. haha. Also I have spent some time making some new proselyting materials. In our mission, we use fliers and pass along cards that we make ourselves since the church doesn't have a ton of materials in Chinese. I really wish I had spent some time learning the basics of photo shop, but I'm learning on the fly. Our inventory system has also needed some renovating, so spent a little time on that as well. As the mission expands and the work roles on, things just get busier and busier. And our system now isn't really keeping up, but it will be caught up to speed in no time.

We did a ton of office stuff, but we were still able to get out and do some great work in SSP. We met a few promising contacts and hope that we will be able to set something up to meet with them in the future. We are also really reaching out to our Less Actives. Penny broke our heart this week. We met him early in the week and had a really awesome lesson. We were able to really get to the core of some struggles and I felt like we were able to help him. He said that he would be at church all 3 hours this week. But he texted us a half hour before and said that he couldn't come. It broke my heart! but we will keep with him. He has so much potential. We have also been meeting with another LA named Brother Hung. He hasn't been to church in decades. So we have slowly been able to help him rekindle that desire to become better and follow the Savior. He is progressing slowly, but we have had some powerful experiences with him.

We have another busy week ahead of us. Transfers this week. Lots of new missionaries coming in. I really like that. They have a real power and spirit that they don't fully realize.

One thing that I have really been thinking about, especially as I see these new missionaries and think about the time I was brand new. We don't have to wait to be great. You can do it today. Its true for everyone. So be the person God made you to be. I promise that as you strive to be that person, you will have His help. He is always there.

I love you all!
Elder Woodburn

No comments:

Post a Comment